This page is a work in progress and will be updated, completed and expanded as we progress through Ulduar. I don’t have the time or energy to compile all my handscribbled notes and haphazardly book marked related sites in one, so as much as it pains me to leave things incomplete, this page is mostly for me to glance at when I raid, so it’s going up finished or not.
The over-the-top melodramatic intro must be quoted:
Beyond Ulduar’s gates lies no city, no treasure vault, no final answer to the titan’s mysteries. All that awaits those who dare set foot in Ulduar is a horror even the titans could not, would not destroy — an evil they merely… contained. Beneath ancient Ulduar, the Old God of death lies, whispering…. Tread carefully, or its prison will become your tomb.
The Siege of Ulduar
The siege vehicles encounter: chopper (1 driver, 1 passenger), demolisher (1 driver, 2 passengers), siege engines (1 driver, 1 turret, 2 passengers).
- Siege engine driver: One siege engines kites the boss around, the rest interrupt Flame Vents with electroshock ability whilst staying close to the rear. Target switch every 30 seconds. Use steam rush to get ahead when targeted.
- Siege engine passenger/turret: Target pyrite ammo floating in the air and if there isn’t any, target FL. Make sure you always have enough pyrite other wise you won’t be able to hit the speed boost when FL targets your vehicle.
- Demolisher driver: Throw passenger when called for, throw boulder to set tar dropped by chopper on fire and hurl pyrite barrel when FL is stunned.
- Demolisher passenger: Load catapult when called for (passenger gets into the catapult). Once thrown disable the turrets and hit the stun button. Ejected, parachuted off and picked up by chopper.
- Chopper Driver: Drop tar in front of FL which slows movement by 75% and pick-up FL unit.
- Chopper Passenger: Picked up ex-demolisher passenger (FL unit) post-catapult
- FL Stratfu Guide
- Matticus: Healing Ulduar FL
- FL @ Bosskillers
- Ready Check: FL
- Wowwiki FL
- Wowhead: Flame Leviathan
The encounter has two/three phases, a ground phase, an air phase and at 50%, Razorscale is permanently grounded. Positioning: Two groups on each side for phase 1 with one tank (to launch harpoons) and dedicated/assigned healer(s). Phase two and three focus is on boss, healing is focused on the stacking raid DoT (a soft enrage) and keeping up the MT. Enrage timer: 10 minutes.
Phase One Healing: Spike damage from fire balls, avoid blue flames from devouring flame above all else (you can see it coming down) and spread out to avoid chain lightning cast by Dark Rune Watchers.
Phase Two Healing: Stay away from the front of the boss and not much healing is required. Add DPS and DoTs if you can to try and get Razorscale to 50% during the first or second ground phase. The enrage timer does not allow for a third.
- Razorscale Stratfu Guide
- Matticus: Healing Ulduar Razorscale
- Wowwiki Razorscale
- Tankspot Movie: Razorscale
- Wowhead: Razorscale
Ignis (the furnace master)
Hephaestus-like blacksmith in an encounter that, according to bosskillers will need ” 1. A well geared main tank, 2. An incredible healer team, 3. Construct squad execution” Ignus abilities: Enrage timer: 7 minutes.
Scorch: Frontal cone damage (MT). Three second cast with five second cooldown.
Slag Pot: 10 second DoT that has to be healed through. When dropped on the ground by MT, run back to position avoiding scorch.
Flame Jets: 2.7 second cast every 20-40 seconds that knocks the raid into the air whilst dealing 2K dmg/sec for 8 seconds. Also applied an 8 second spell lockout for that school if it interrupts a spell cast, so stop casting when Ignis starts casting.
Constructs: Activated every 40 (30) seconds. Off-tanked (x2) with one dedicated healer on each OT. Heat (stand in scorch patches for 20 stacks) – Molten (dump in water when turned bright red) – Brittle (one-shot for >5k) – Shatter (20k dmg to any player in 10 yards, but there shouldn’t be any player within range and removes their stack of ‘strength of the creator from Ignis)
Healing: 2 healers on MT, 2 healers on 2 OTs, 1 healer on slag pot victim, 2-3 healers on raid (be mindful of flame jets in particular)
- Ignis Stratfu Guide
- Ignis @ Bosskillers
- Matticus: Healing Ulduar – Ignis the Furnace Master
- Wowwiki Ignis
- Wowhead: Ignis the Furnace Master
Two phased encounter: boss phase and add phase (every 25% of his health). Raid can spread out with 10 yard gaps in between or stack up and run when hit by gravity or light bomb. Add phase has Pummellers, Scrapbots and Boombots, the latter will blow up and damage all nearby raid members.
Tympanic Tantrum: Raid-wide unavoidable channeled AoE that will damage players for 10% more than their total health, so every player has to be healed through it.
Searing Light (Light bomb): 9 second DoT damages everyone in a 10 yard radius.
Gravity Bomb: Pulls players within a 20/10 yard (normal/heroic) radius in after 9 seconds and does up to 19/21K shadow damage.
- Xt002 Stratfu Guide
- Matticus: XT-002
- Wowwiki Deconstructor
- Tankspot Movie: XT-002
- Wowhead: XT-oo2 Desonstructor
The Antechamber of Ulduar
The Keepers of Ulduar
- Matticus: Hodir (25-man)
- Hodir Stratfu Guide
- A Resto Druid’s Guide: Hodir
- Wowwiki: Hodir
- Wowhead: Hodir
- Bosskillers: Mimiron
- Wowwiki: Mimiron
- Mimiron Stratfu Guide
- Wowhead: Mimiron
- Spiritual Guidance: Healing Mimiron
The Descent into Madness