I don’t recall exactly when I gave up on the standard UI. Somewhere on the road to clutter I realized that I had virtually no screen real estate left as I added action bars to the bottom and right, xperl frames, omen, a damage metre and visible coordinates. It’s still a work in progress, but I’m really starting to like what I see. I am currently using the following addons to create the above UI:
- Bartender 4: Action bar replacement mod
- Xperl: Unitframe customization mod
- simpleMinimap: A mod to allow customization of the mini-map
- Omen 3: Threat metre
- Recount: Damage metre
- kgpanels: Successor of eepanels, used to create custom panels.
- NotesUNeed: In-game notepad
- prat 3.0: Customizes the chat window
- tomtom: Coordinates mod with arrow.